Registrations are now open!
Take advantage of our early bird and 3 for 2 discounts.
Arc flash is a topical issue in the electrical engineering community as many people in the UK receive severe and debilitating burns each year. Technology and safety procedures have significantly reduced most other forms of electrical injuries; however incidents related to arc flash have surfaced as one of the leading causes of injury and even death to workers. The technical aspects and physics associated with arc flash are still somewhat debatable. There have been concerns about the physics of electrical arcing faults being significantly different to those established by the USA with the NFPA 70E and the IEEE 1584 standards.
International Arc Flash Testing and Electrical Safety Expert
Founder of ArcWear
Authority on the Drafting and Training of Electrical Safety Procedures
What you will gain from this event:
•Learn about UK, EU and US standards developments in arc flash
• Hear local and international case studies detailing the latest arc flash mitigation strategies and solutions
• Learn about electrical safety statistics and the implications for you
• Learn about UK and international standards
• Understand how to achieve a compliant and electrically safe work place
• Learn how to provide arc flash training for your staff
• Detail the steps to perform an arc flash hazard analysis
• Clearly understand what an arc flash is and the potential injuries that can result
• Define what personal protective equipment (PPE) is required on your site
• Learn practical considerations for PPE selection and testing
• Learn how to perform testing and maintenance on your PPE