REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN!
Register by Wednesday 8th April 2015 and get 10% off the registration fee!
The conference will be of special interest to the electrical engineering community of Queensland, as regulators are demanding continual improvement in high voltage and substation design, maintenance, safety, power system protection, automation and communication. The overall objective of the conference is to provide participants with hardhitting useful electrical engineering know-how which they can apply directly in their workplaces.
This conference will cover the AS 2067-2008 HV standard, including recent changes, and the rapid development in substation automation, in particular the IEC 61850. The conference will also discuss problems that arise from HV equipment maintenance and how industry can overcome these issues through well planned maintenance programs, adherence to standards/regulations and forward thinking.
Specialist Power Systems Engineer
Principal Engineer Control
What you will gain from this conference:
- Update your knowledge on best practice and find practical solutions to your HV and substation automation design and installations issues
- Hear how to extend the life of your HV equipment through effective condition monitoring, testing and diagnostic techniques
- Learn about effective substation design
- Improve the reliability of your reconditioned electrical equipment
- Up-to-date information on HV auditing
- Learn about new industry equipment e.g. transformers, cables, converters, switchgear and transformers
- Explain the basic scope and outline of IEC 61850
- Design the individual subsystems for control and protection of the power system which the substation serves
- Hear local and international case studies
- Network with specialists in the field and your peers
An hour networking session dedicated for all attendees to meet and socialise with experts and industry peers at the High Voltage and Substation Conference will also conclude day one of the conference.
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:
Learn more about IDC conferences at our IDC Conference Page